We can design your building to accommodate any size of Overhead Door available. Our design staff take the time to work with your door supplier to be sure that we can incorporate all required framing for spring pads, operators, and custom features like high lift or full vertical lift doors.
Prairie Steel is a proud distributor of Diamond Bi-Fold Doors. We can incorporate bi-fold doors of all sizes and specifications into our steel buildings.
Bi-Fold doors offer the following advantages:
- The most cost-effective door for large openings. Usually between 30 and 60 feet wide, bi-fold doors can be valuable for smaller openings, or even up to 80 feet wide or more.
- No tracks or obstructions inside the building – door opens outward.
- Can be installed and operating before any concrete floor is poured.
- Attractive appearance using the same exterior cladding finish as the walls of the building.
- Fully customizable options, such as remote openers, windows, liners, and more.
- Bi-Fold doors provide superior insulation and weather seal options than other doors.
- Offering Rugged, durable design, Diamond Bi-Fold Doors are the ideal door for farm use.
We can design an opening in your building for any style of door. If you would like to order or supply a different brand of bi-fold door, or would like to consider hydraulic, canti-lever, roll-up, or sliding door systems, we can help.
Overhead cranes are an excellent addition to any commercial building. We have the expertise to accommodate your crane system into our building design. We have experience in Overhead cranes from 2 ton to 60 ton, as well as multiple cranes per runway.
We will work with your crane supplier, or can connect you with proven suppliers we have worked with in the past. We typically provide the corbels (also known as runway rail seats) welded to the columns. Once the building is finished, your crane supplier can bolt their rails to our corbels and mount the crane accordingly.
We can also do Jib cranes, or prep for future cranes. If needed, we can also supply your runway rails.
Designing your building to support the crane is much more economical than free-standing after-market cranes, and you realize huge savings on time and foundation costs.
2nd Floors and Mezzanines
Offices, parts storage, mechanical access – whatever you need for second floors or mezzanines, we can build it. Our design team can help you incorporate a 2nd floor into the building package to suit your needs and budget.
Divider Walls & Liners
Prairie Steel offers more interior customization options than any other manufacturer. We can adjust bay spacing and spans to make the most use of load bearing or removable divider wall frames. Partial or full height, our divider walls can be used for fire separations, rental space dividers, shop and warehouse departments, and more.
We are the Factory. We can build to suit any special needs your operation requires, such as:
- Design for future expansion
- Design to Match existing building dimensions for expansions
- Add Towers, Offices, decks, breezeways, overhangs, canopies, large sidewall doors, steel fire rated walls, and much more!
We work together with our customers to provide a quality CSA-A600 certified steel building system that meets the high standards of our valued clients and staff.
Wall & Trim Color Options