We can design your building to accommodate any size of Overhead Door available. We are familiar with the mounting requirements of all styles of Overhead Doors. We can accommodate doors with high lift, counter-weights, and sliding posts. In most cases, the OH door is supplied by the customer or contractor, but the size and specs for the door are designed into the building package.
Prairie Steel is a proud distributor of Diamond Bi-Fold Doors. We can incorporate bi-fold doors of all sizes and specifications into our steel buildings. Bi-Fold doors offer the following advantages:
- The most cost-effective door for large openings up to any size you can imagine.
- No tracks or obstructions inside the building – door opens outward.
- Can be installed and operating before any concrete floor is poured.
- Attractive appearance using the same exterior cladding finish as the walls of the building.
- Fully customizable options, such as remote openers, windows, liners, and more.
- Door is installed as part of building package in most cases.
- Bi-Fold doors provide superior insulation and weather seal options than other doors.
- Offering Rugged, durable design, Diamond Bi-Fold Doors are the ideal door for farm use.
CUSTOMIZED DOORS AND MORE
Hydraulic doors, sliding doors, oversized man doors, or custom swinging doors – we have done them all. We have the expertise to tailor your building to suit any door.
2nd Floors and Mezzanines
If you are planning on developing a 2nd floor area for tools, parts, or even office space, we can help. Steel 2nd floor support, or even full floor joist framing may be the ideal solution depending on your needs. Ask your sales rep how mezzanines or 2nd floors can add value to your project.
Divider Walls and Lean-tos
Depending on your needs, it can be more cost effective to build one building to suit multiple purposes. Some common combinations are:
- Heated storage / cold storage
- Barn use / Shop use
- Shop use / office use
- Exterior partial shelter or hay storage
- Heated wash bays alongside non-heated storage shop
Ask your sales rep how we can divide the interior of your building to fit your needs. In some cases, these interior dividers can reduce the overall cost of the building package.
We are the factory. We commonly include the following design features into our farm building packages:
- Additions to existing buildings.
- Designs ready for future expansion.
- Designs suited to future insulating or interior divisions.
- Designs for future lean-to’s or 2nd floors .
- Designs that accept overhead cranes or jib cranes.
- Towers, Decks, Breezeways, overhangs, canopies, firewalls, and more.
Prairie Steel buildings are the long-term choice for Prairie Farmers. Let us know your future plans, and we can design your building to grow with your operation.
Wall & Trim Color Options