Open Web Truss
Open Web Trusses are easy to erect, and offer slightly steeper roof slopes with the most open-feeling interior finish.
- Mechanical elements (pipes and ducts) can pass through the openings in the truss webbing
- Slender, constant-depth columns. Can be adapted to any building size.
- Very low horizontal gravity loads at the base of column allows the building to be set-up on piles only, for a lighter and more cost-effective foundation
- Easy to modify in order to accommodate special features such as shop hoists.
Solid Web Rafter
Solid web rafters are the economical way to build most farm buildings.
- Lower roof slopes for a sleek finished appearance.
- Very low horizontal gravity loads at the base of column allows the building to be set-up on piles only, for a lighter and more cost-effective foundation.
- Economical design accommodates wide bays by using bypass wall girt options
Tapered Rigid Frame
- Ideal for set-up on concrete foundations using anchor bolts
- Economical and adaptable
Steel Base Tube System
Prairie Steel’s unique steel base tube allows for immediate erecting of the building without the need for a costly concrete grade beam. Because our steel buildings apply most of their load to the foundation at the columns, spending money on heavy concrete between columns is not always necessary. With the Base Tube, only the piles need to be installed prior to erecting. The base tube provides guidance for the column layout, and support for the cladding and backfill. By bolting or welding to the top of a concrete or steel pile cap, the building can be safely erected sooner, and on a more flexible timeline.
The Steel Base Tube offers many advantages:
- Up to 90% less expensive than a concrete grade beam
- Allows building to be set up year-round
- Fully enclosed building allows for future concrete slab to be poured in a controlled environment
- Base detail seals out wind and moisture better than a typical channel fastened to a concrete grade beam
- Steel Base tube is notched and prepped for doorways
- Steel Base Tube supplies secure angle to rest wall cladding on during installation
- Provides factory-direct template for helping square and level the building before any structural steel is erected